Lockdown Day 29 - More Bicycle Building


So after a day of tiring work, I decided to tackle some projects at a leisurely pace.  Here's what kept me busy for most of the day..


  • Organized the attic
  • Assembled and tuned another Beach Cruiser
  • Disassembled and repacked the wheel bearings on a Razor Scooter
  • Cleaned up and tuned a fishing rod and reel
  • Unclogged the sink in my Master Bathroom


It was one of those days that I felt like keeping busy with enjoyable projects.  Apart from cleaning out the bathroom sink, all of the other projects got me very Zen.





This is my very first fishing pole that was given to me at the age of seven. It's still very much functional and could be used tomorrow.  And.. as long as you didn't try to land a seven pound Bass with it, I'm sure it would still hold up.  I cleaned and oiled it up, and looked back upon some great memories I had with her.




I also tore down and repacked the bearings on a Razor Longboard Scooter, because.. why the heck not? My Son always had an affinity for scooters, and I forgot about this one up in the attic.  He took it out for a spin after I told him I had gotten it in shape once again.  Unfortunately, it was a few inches  too short for him to comfortably ride on.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it now.  Probably gift it to a neighbor whose kids might enjoy it.




And.. I put together yet another Beach Cruiser (That's four of them in my garage now).  This one simply needed to be put back together as it was disassembled and stored in the attic. I only needed to re-grease the front wheel bearings on this one.  I didn't go to hard on it cosmetically, only cleaning it up a bit. Not sure if I will strip it down and repaint it yet. Stripping the decals and a quick polish with my high speed buffer very well make it look like a new bike.


This is actually a pretty impressive bike made by Sun Bikes.  I believe it's got a 24 or 25 inch frame, but is outfitted with 26 inch rims.  It's incredibly light and rides like a dream.  It's the perfect size for someone who is under five and a half feet tall like my wife and daughters. If it starts getting ridden more, I'll give it a little more TLC.

I swear, I think the most zen that I have been through this whole Lockdown, is when I'm working on bikes.  Another lifetime ago, I at one time seriously thought about opening a bicycle shop.  It's probably a job that is perfectly suited to my personality.  I love to be calm and chill, but sometimes have trouble getting there.

Working on bicycles gets me in a good place very very quickly, and is very therapeutic and fulfilling.  I can't wait to get started on my next project, but am quickly running out of space to store any more bikes.  Fortunately, the next build I have in mind will be a space saver in regards to storage.  I just can't begin to look for a bike until this pandemic is over.  I may explore buying the frame and forks online if the shipping cost is right.

That's it for now folks.  Tomorrow will be one month that I've been home from work.  I think I'm going to compile a list of everything I've accomplished in that period of time.  I'll either be very impressed or very disappointed.  It's something I need to do however, as the days are blending together at this point. Until tomorrow..