Lockdown Day 30 - A list of what I've done so far


So I've hit the 30 day mark of this lockdown. Since the days are now seamlessly blending together,  I was having a hard time naming off everything I've been doing to keep busy during this time.  I  actually had to comb through my blog posts so I could compile this list..



Some things I've done and accomplished during the lockdown
  • Cleaned & Organized the garage numerous times
  • Regularly Hand pull weeds from the front landscaping
  • Treated landscaping for future weeds
  • Treated landscaping for ants
  • Reset paving stones on front landscaping
  • Installed a keyed entry lock on the gate to my fence
  • Scrubbed and cleaned the tiles of my pool
  • Relocated a tree to the backyard
  • Treated weeds in back and side yard numerous times
  • Cleared home AC drip pipe
  • Fixed slow draining bathroom sink
  • Treated one of my trees for fungus
  • Weekly Pool Maintenance and service
  • Scrubbed and cleaned part of the patio by the pool.
  • Repair broken and chipped tile gout on the pool
  • Washed and Hand Waxed both of our cars
  • Pressure washed the driveway
  • Helped my wife with some interior painting
  • Installed new handles and drawer pulls on the kitchen cabinets 
  • Installed new toilet seats in two bathrooms
  • Oiled squeaky door hinges throughout the house
  • Installed hooks on the garage ceiling to hang bikes from
  • Pressure washed the sidewalk in front of my house
  • Treated the sidewalk for weeds
  • Treated problem areas in the yard for weeds
  • treated the yard for fire ants
  • fertilized the yard
  • Installed a wireless touchpad for my garage
  • Redesigned my Blog
  • Completed our household Government Census
  • Combed our finances thoroughly
  • Replaced our ventilation air filter
  • Installed a new pool filter
  • Shot, edited, and uploaded some YouTube videos
  • Installed a new side mirror on my son's car
  • Finished a rebuild of my 1963 Schwinn
  • Fixed and tune my Bride's, Son's, and Daughters Beach Cruisers
  • Installed a basket on my Brides Beach Cruiser
  • Fixed the axle on my old Schwinn
  • Brewed a 3 gallon batch of pineapple beer
  • Installed a basket on my Brides Beach Cruiser
  • Cleaned and organized attic
  • Sorted my toy collection
  • Unclogged two sink drains
  • Hours of writing and creating content for the blog and social media
  • Hours of riding my bike
  • Hours of swimming and walking
  • Hours of reading books


I almost expected that list to be longer to tell you the truth.  And.. this isn't a list of every single thing I've done.  Just projects and work that stood out to me.  Rest assured, I amazingly still have plenty more projects and work to do.  

I've been cooking a lot more lately as well.  Here a few of the meals I've made that stand out in my memory..

  • Macaroni and Cheese with pork chops)
  • Pigs in a Blanket from scratch
  • Biscuits and Gravy from Scratch
  • Bacon Pancakes
  • Banana Pancakes
  • Homemade Calzones
  • Burritos smothered in Pork Green Chile
  • Chili Dogs
  • Breakfast Burritos (Egg, Chorizo, Potatoes, Cheese & Green Chile)
  • Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
  • Pork Chops, eggs and grits
  • Oatmeal cookies
  • Breakfast Tacos
  • Fresh Baked bread

I'm glad I've had so much to keep me busy during all of this mess.  I had a couple of days where the whole gravity of the pandemic really started weighing on me, but fortunately was able to shake that off without too much trouble.  Staying busy has helped me immensely, but am learning you also need to make time to take care of yourself  so the stress and anxiety doesn't start to creep in and takeover.

That's it for now folks.  Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see ya tomorrow.