Corona Virus COVID-19 Lockdown Day 5. Yard Work, Sunburn & Bike Building


So I woke up today feeling the impact of the last several days. Muscles all over my body were tender and sore. I think it's mostly from swimming and working out more than I'm normally accustomed to. But hey.. 'Pain is just the weakness leaving your body' right?  Still, I decided to ease off a wee bit today. Well.. That's the plan at least.

Here's what I did yesterday..


  • Mowed, edged and trimmed the front yard.
  • Mowed & trimed the back yard super short and tended to my baby lime tree.
  • Scrubbed and cleaned part of the patio by the pool.
  • Began grout repair to the tile on the pool
  • Worked on my Schwinn a bit more

I didn't expect the grout repair to take so long, and ended up only finishing half of the pool.  I wore a hat, but my shoulders ended up getting burnt because I lost track of time.  I guess I'll finish up that project in a couple of days (next time with sunblock).

The Schwinn rebuild is coming along nicely.  Again.. working on the Schwinn has served as a nice release.  Ever since I was a kid, building bikes has always been a very zen thing for me.  Any problem I may run into never bothers me or stresses me out, because I know there's there's nothing I can't handle. Here's a peek at the progress I promised yesterday..



I'm at the point now where its all little touches and accessories I need to finish up.  Here's what's left to do..

Clean, polish and install chrome fenders
Clean, polish and install chrome rear rack
Install seat post and seat (that's arriving next week)
Fine tune the electric horn
Install kickstand
Install hand grips, bell, and retro wheel reflectors

There's a couple other little things I want to do, like maybe add a front basket, and new Schwinn badge for the head tube.  Will keep you posted on the progress, but I expect to have her on the road by midweek or so.  Maybe I'll film the inaugural ride.

Cheers friends, see ya tomorrow.