Corona Virus COVID-19 Lockdown Day 14 - Blogging and creating content

Wow.  It's been two weeks since I've been off of work already.  If it weren't for this blog, I'm really not sure if I would even know what day it is.  I can't say that this time off has been dragging for me.  In fact, I've kept so busy with projects around the house, it has truly helped me to keep my sanity.

Yesterday is what I'm calling my first '"Down Day".  Here's what I did..
  • Went on an early 2 mile bike ride with my Bride
  • Made cheese grits, eggs, and biscuits & gravy for breakfast
  • Worked on redesigning my blog
  • Worked on my social media accounts
  • Took a quick dip in the pool at around 5:00



Garage solitudeI spent hours tweaking the blog and writing yesterday.  I also spent a lot of time reading up on new SEO methods as well as Instagram and twitter algorithms.  I spent the first half of the day exiled to my garage because my wife wanted to paint around the area I normally sit and do my computer work.

It was actually incredibly peaceful and relaxing out in the garage. It was cool in the morning, and I ran a fan to keep the air circulating in the early afternoon.  I had a comfortable chair, Bluetooth Speaker, and was 10 feet away from my beer fridge.  It was so quiet, I got a ton of writing and work done on the blog.

I'm the kind of writer that needs peace and quiet to be productive.  Not necessarily silence, as I can be super productive in a coffee shop with soft ambient noise.  Maybe it's more about a peaceful vibe for me.  For a fact, it's nearly impossible for me to be creative and productive if I'm not in a good place mentally.  Interestingly, the words DO flow freely if I'm angry.  However, anger and stress is something I don't like to nurture, which is why my 'Retro Dad Rants' are far and few between.

Not sure what today holds for me.  I feel the need to do some work outside, but may wait to do a couple big projects later in the week when it starts to cool down a bit.  I do believe I will spend the afternoon on the blog again.

Take care friends, stay busy and try to keep your spirits up.