FLORIDA MAN-dalorian. Boba Fett costume

 

Boba Fett Costume (FLORIDA MAN..dalorian)

This is my impromptu Boba Fett costume I threw together yesterday. It's basically a graphic Boba Fett hoodie, paired with a Boba Fett Black Series helmet (re-armored version).

I thought it would be funny to dress up as FLORIDA MAN-dalorian' complete with shorts and flip flops. The farmers tan above my feet from the long summer of Florida yardwork, pulled the whole Florida Man motif together nicely I think.

I've owned the hoodie for a while now, and this is the first time I was able to wear it, as October 31st brought nice cool temperatures our way. The Boba Fett bucket was an experience to wear indeed. I bought the helmet in November of 2021. I did so, because ever since I saw The Empire Strikes Back as a ten year old boy in 1980, I've always dreamed of putting together a Boba Fett costume or, cosplay as they are now generally called. 


Thoughts on the Boba Fett Helmet
This helmet is the Hasbro Black Series Re-Armored version. In the Mandalorian series, Boba Fett re-armored his helmet and the result was the crisper cleaner color scheme that you see here. I learned a lot from my initial evening of wearing the bucket. For one, the included helmet adjustment strap did not work for me at all, so I ended up removing it. This left the helmet balancing atop my head. Not a bad thing, but any sudden turns of my head would leave the helmet facing forward as my head turned freely inside. The wobbling and swiveling I experienced will easily be remedied by adding foam padding to custom fit the helmet to me personally.

The next thing I experienced was fogging of the visor. While I'm sure the fogging can be cut down quite a bit by coating the visor with some anti-fog treatment, I'm betting that won't be enough. Therefore, I'm going to utilize a trick that a Stormtrooper friend of mine uses. 

The 501st Legion

My friend is a member of the 501st Legion, an organization dedicated to creating screen accurate replicas of Stormtrooper armor among many other character costumes Mandalorians included. The 501st makes special appearances at community events, hospitals, ball games, libraries, and conventions to name a few. They often turn out in large numbers for parades etc. 

My friend told me how hot and steamy a helmet could get in the full on sun or even wearing the helmet indoors for hours on end. He then let me in on an incredible hack that he called "an absolute lifesaver". He wired two computer cooling fans inside of his helmet for air circulation and downdraft within the helmet.

Book of Boba Fett

Absolute genius! As soon as my helmet is properly fitted, I will be trying to use this very same trick. Then it will be on to slowly trying to put together a full on Boba Fett costume. I really like the newer version of Boba Fett's armor and outfit from 'The Book of Boba Fett', so I believe that's the one I will be trying to put together. If this indeed comes to fruition, I will make sure to post about it here.