Pizza Review - Mellow Mushroom in Winter Park, FL

Mellow Mushroom Winter Park, FL
2015 Aloma Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792


Retro Dad rating..

5 out of 5 Slices!


I finally got around to dining at Mellow Mushroom Pizza in Winter Park Florida, and I've got to say, I'm sorry I didn't give this place a try sooner. My entire dining experience was incredible and I can't wait to visit again.

Beatles Mural Mellow Mushroom Menu in Winter Park, FL
All you need is love.. (and pizza)

From the moment you walk into this restaurant, you're hit with a whole vibe that just oozes from every nook and cranny. Whether you look up, down, left or right, there is something stimulating for the eye to see. 

Mellow Mushroom Menu in Winter Park, FL

The murals, decoration, light fixtures, booth upholstery etc. give life to a laid-back atmosphere where one can relax and unwind. 

Mellow Mushroom Pizza in Winter Park, FL


Even the menus are full of great art. Music rounded out the ambience, and the staff was incredibly attentive and friendly. I already knew this was going to be a great experience before our drinks even hit the table.

Mellow Mushroom Cheese Bread in Winter Park, FL

I started out with some incredible cheese bread that was smothered in melted garlic butter, covered in mozzarella, and sprinkled with Italian seasoning. It came with a side of tasty 'Mellow Sauce' to dip with. 

I also ordered up a Bell's Oberon American Wheat Ale, which always pairs perfect with bread and pizza.

Mellow Mushroom Logo Pint Glass

I'm an avid glassware collector and enthusiast, and while drinking my beer out of the way cool Mellow Mushroom pint glass, I noticed something interesting. 

The embossed Mellow Mushroom logo was actually pressed onto the inside of the glass, creating a very unique appearance as it hung onto the suds from the beer! 

I had never seen such a thing before on a pint glass and instantly fell in love with it. I asked our server if they by any chance sold the pint glasses, and she affirmed they indeed did! I of course bought one for my collection, and I admire it every time I drink from it.


Mellow Mushroom's 'Mighty Meaty' Pizza


This was the pizza we ordered in all of its glory. Mellow Mushroom's 'Mighty Meaty' Pizza. It sported pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, Honey Ham, and some of the most delicious Applewood-Smoked Bacon I've ever had on a pizza. 

The ridiculously beautiful crust is a result of a couple different things. First, it's cooked on a stone surface which helps to achieve a perfectly crispy crust due to uniform heat.

Mellow Mushroom Crust

Second, Mellow Mushroom's pizza dough is truly a work of art, made from high quality, high protein, unbromated unbleached wheat flour. They mix in spring water and never use any refined white sugar. This is also the case for their pretzels and Calzones.

This definitely was not wasted on me. It takes some real effort and care to produce pizza dough like this, and the results are evident. It made for a more rustic, flavorful, beautiful crust.

Mellow Mushroom Crust

Every meat topping was divine. Mellow Mushroom prides themselves on using top of the line high quality meats, and it really shows. It was a flavor explosion, with the sauce tasting fresh and not overpowering. 

The never frozen, preservative free mozzarella pulled everything together with its creaminess. It mellowed the acidity of the sauce, curbed the saltiness of the meats, and added richness to the crust.

Every ingredient played off of the other perfectly. I can't wait to try more varieties of Mellow Mushroom pies, to see what other flavor profiles they've honed to perfection.


The outdoor patio
I really do need to come back and dine alfresco when the Florida nights cool down this fall.

Mellow Mushroom Patio

Mellow Mushroom Patio

Mellow Mushroom Patio



Mellow Mushroom really did exceed all of my expectations in every way. I love it when businesses refuse to cut corners and end up perfecting their craft as a result.

Mellow Mushroom Wizard

Mellow Mushroom Winter Park, is the place I am going to take friends and family to dine on pizza when they visit me in Florida. I will be back for sure, as I need to dine on the patio, complete my set of Mellow Mushroom pint glasses, and try SO many more of their menu items.

Awesome food, great staff, and an enjoyable relaxing atmosphere to create memories. I'm more than proud to spread the word about this great pizza place.

Visit Mellow Mushroom Online or in person



Mellow Mushroom Menu