Tony's Frozen Pizza Retro Review


I was walking the frozen aisle the other day as I often do, and decided to pick up a pizza. I also figured it was time for another Retro Review. The pizza of choice this time around.. Tony's!

I can count on one hand how many times I've actually eaten Tony's in my life. It's probably been fifteen years since I've last eaten it, so I really can't remember what it tasted like. I do remember I never disliked it, so I figured I'd give it a try in 2023.

At a price of $2.98, I thought two things. The first, was the excitement of getting such a bargain on a frozen pie. The next, was skepticism about how good the pie could be at such a bargain price.

25% more pizza by weight than Jack's!



Right out of the gate this thrifty pie impressed. A decent looking par baked crust with a liberal spread of sauce, cheese, and much to my surprise.. a generous spread of pepperoni.




The crust is thin, but not what I'd call super thin. It crisped up nicely and wasn't too dense or bready like many other frozen pies in this price range. The sauce was not bad either. A middle of the road sauce which isn't too sweet or too tangy, with some herbs making their way past the tomato flavor.


This pizza also had a fair amount of cheese on it, the pepperoni tasted pretty good as well. All in all I was quite surprised as to how good this pizza was. You could doctor these up easily enough, but there really is no need to do so, if it's a simple tasty pie that you crave.

The quality and value you get with this pie really is incredible. Three bucks for a decent tasting frozen pizza is some real recession busting bang for your buck! I've had worse tasting frozen pies in my day that I've spent more money for, so Tony's is a wonder in a sea of mediocre frozen pies.

I would definitely buy Tony's again, and may even work them into my regular rotation of frozen pies I keep on hand for emergencies.