A walk down memory lane while decluttering - Lockdown Day 47


I've finally started cleaning and organizing the sections of my house that I've been putting off forever.  As I dig through boxes, closets and drawers, I've come across a few pictures and items that made me pause a moment to reminisce.


Photos from Disney MGM Backlot Tour in 1990

Return of the Jedi Props
 Snow Speeder and Dessert Skiff from Return of the Jedi

Golden Girls House at Disney MGM
 The Golden Girls House

Coyote-X and Mad Max car MGM Backlot Tour
 Coyote-X stunt car from Hardcastle and McCormick next to a Mad Max style car


Old BMX Bike I was building in 1983
 A BMX Bike I was building around 1983


70s baseball mitt


childhood baseball mitt 70s
My childhood mid 70s Dusty Baker baseball Mitt




Old bookmarks made by my kids long ago. I can even remember the books I was reading while using them. They were Hagakure the Book of the Samurai, and three Clive Cussler novels (Blue Gold, Valhalla Rising and Havana Storm). All great books, but I loved that these bookmarks were the last thing I saw, as I closed the books at night before going to bed.


Old One Day Disney Park Ticket

old Disney Park ticket
Disney World park tickets from 1992  (I miss those prices)

Such vivid memories were immediately brought back when looking at these items.  I have great memories from vacations, and flashbacks to simpler times.  I have lots more stuff to go through on my mission to de-clutter and downsize.  I can't wait to see what other items I find that I forgot about in recent years.  I'll make sure to post more unique and interesting finds as I come across them.