Time to pay for slacking on my fitness - Lockdown Day 46

Out of shape THORSo this lockdown has been getting the better of me and I've put on a few pounds.  It really bugs me because right before this mess started, I had lost close to 20 pounds, went down almost two shirt sizes, and was feeling incredible.  I noticed a few days ago a T-shirt that had recently been almost too big on me, was now close to getting snug.

It's not so much about laying around and being inactive, as it is my lousy eating habits as of late. Donuts and snack cakes are my biggest vice, and I've been eating more of them on a daily basis.  With no current income, I have been buying food that is cheap, filling, and carb laden.  And carbs as I've recently learned, are my biggest enemy.

I decided enough was enough, and I was going to step up my physical activity.  I'm up to about 90 jumping jacks before bed, and started hitting the weights again.  What was weird to me, is that my workouts with dumbbells are making me sweat more than any cardio I am doing.

I have not lifted weights in about a month, and now a short time into my workouts, my muscles get real fatigued. Again, I believe it's because of my eating habits.  I was eating plenty of protein and healthy fats before the lockdown, and my muscles were reaping the benefits.  The recovery time in between workouts was incredibly short, and I was able to lift every other day.

I'm going to try and get back to intermittent fasting, only eating breakfast on the weekends. Snack cakes are going to be a tough one, but I'm going to scale back on those as well.  I love beer, but it's definitely not the root of my weight gain, and not drinking is probably the easiest thing for me to do for my health.  In fact, its probably been two weeks since I've even drank a beer.  If I do buy more beer in the near future, I'll opt for a low carb option. 

Hopefully these steps along with an increase in biking and walking will help get me back to where I was.  The thing I hate about being my age, is that you can pack on pounds just by looking at carbs and junk food.  Losing the weight takes way longer as well.  So while it's back to square one.  I'm trying not to beat myself up too bad about it.  I'm glad I woke up and changed course now, instead of two or three months down the road.