60 Days of Lockdown.. where I'm at.

Sluggo Reading
So it's been 60 days since I've been locked down.  The state of the Country is one of tension right now, with people behaving badly on all sides. We have no unified plan on how to move forward carefully and safely.  New cases are steadily climbing as cities begin to reopen, and Southern Florida is fast becoming a hot spot.

As for central Florida, the local government didn't like the way Advent Health was taking too long to process Covid-19 tests, and fired one of the labs. The result? over 30,000 tests in progress are being thrown away. People are now being called, and told they need to be re-tested.  In regards to unemployment, the State's unemployment system is still a complete mess.  Governor Desantis stated yesterday that the people still waiting for benefits since the beginning of the pandemic, most likely filed their claims incorrectly.

If you want a classic example of mixed emotions, I got the call to report back to work soon. I desperately need to make a living, and very much miss my work family, but stepping back into society whilst being totally aware of the dumpster fire surrounding us all is a bit unsettling. It's not myself I'm worried about so much, as a family member at home who is at risk. It's a moment in my life that feels very much like a Catch-22 or at the very least a high risk gamble. And I must state, I am not a gambling man.

And, as if the current pandemic isn't enough, hurricane season is fast approaching with a more than active year being predicted. I usually don't pay attention to those type of predictions, but two weeks away from Hurricane season, we've already seen two storms form close by in the Atlantic, with one of them being a named storm.

For me personally, I've stayed active and completed an unbelievable amount of projects during my time off. I've carved out a little time to spend on hobbies I love, and written more than I have in years. In addition to all the blogging, I have also started writing a book. I'm hoping to get the rough draft completed before going back to work soon.

Being locked down with so many interests, so much to do, and with family I love being around, has gotten me through this pandemic pretty smoothly  I had a couple bouts of feeling a bit hopeless and maybe even downright depressed, but thankfully was able to quickly shake those off. Trust me, there is plenty of crap I could choose to focus on, that would quickly get me spiraling into a dark place. I have no idea what the future holds, but I know I have to keep looking forward and try my hardest to stay positive.