20 thoughts & realizations I had while sheltering in place for two months - Lockdown Day 63


Well, it's official.  I'm going back to work. I had a lot of time to think during the last two months, and realized many recurring thoughts kept running through my head. I've decided to list a few of them here in a list below.  Not sure if anything can be classified as epiphanies or prolific, but here we go..

  • Time alone energizes me
  • There are a lot of stupid people in this country
  • There are a lot of evil people in this country
  • There are a lot good and amazing people in this country
  • There is so much more I want to see and do in life
  • It doesn't take a lot to make me happy
  • If I could retire tomorrow, I would not be bored
  • I find comfort being alone with my thoughts
  • I have more patience than I thought I did
  • I miss laughing
  • I procrastinate more than I should
  • I really don't mind being confined in close quarters with my Bride
  • I eat my stress
  • I am ashamed of so many people in our government
  • I was raised to be pretty self sufficient
  • I need to be more self sufficient
  • I missed the simplest and smallest things the most during all of this
  • I need to simplify my life 
  • I feel like I need to leave something behind for my kids to remember me by
  • If it all ends for me tomorrow, at least I helped raise three decent, good hearted human beings

I assure you that this is just the short list, but these are the thoughts that keep coming to the forefront of my mind. I believe I'll keep this list handy and try to look at it often, as life seems like it may get back to normal soon. When it does, I don't want to start coasting through life again, simply existing.. rather than living. It's too bad it took a pandemic to make me see things in a new light, but I am going to try my best to approach life much differently in the future.

Sixty days prior to the epidemic, I had only blogged a total of 7 times.  In the last two months, I have blog posted 102 different times! It really was very therapeutic to me, and helped me work out a few issues I was dealing with.  I have not written this much in years, and am actually experiencing a huge boost in creativity as a result. I created a new web-site, have started writing a book, and have numerous ideas for future projects.  

Returning to work will definitely cut into my blogging time, but I am going to try and keep up the creation of content going.  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you are doing well during all of this craziness. Take care, and be good to yourselves friends. See you soon.