Gaining weight in self isolation - Lockdown Day 43


I've definitely put on a few pounds since this lockdown started.  Not right away mind you, as I came right out of the gate staying pretty active.  However, as my big projects finished, I'm not quite as active as I was a few weeks ago.  The biggest thing however, is the eating of carbs and more sweets.  Before the pandemic, I was eating a low carb diet and had lost over 15 pounds in a couple months time.  If I don't do something soon, I'm afraid these pounds will keep piling on.  Here's some visuals on the culprits that are slowly putting pounds on me..


Ham Egg and Biscuit Breakfast
Ham, Eggs & Biscuits

Homemade Biscuits and Gravy
Biscuits, Gravy and Eggs

Daily Breakfast
I wasn't eating breakfast before the lockdown.  I was doing intermittent fasting after dinner, until lunch the next day. which was usually about 16 to 18 hours.  Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, so it really has been serving as a nice comforting way to start my day.


Donuts and Snack Cakes
My biggest vice is donuts and snack cakes, and if I've learned anything about myself this year, it's that I tend to eat my feelings and stress.  Therefore it comes as no surprise to me that I've been ingesting more of this type of fare, to give me a little comfort and joy during the day.  Here are some snacks I've eaten during this last week..

Chocolate Bells Snack cakes by Tastykake
Tatsykake Chocolate Bells

Krispy Kreme Donuts
Krispy Kreme Raspberry filled donuts

Hostess Day Game Baseball Cupcakes
Hostess Baseball Cupcakes



Cooking at home
So I've heard cooking at home can help you lose weight.  Maybe so.. but not if you're having fun cooking stuff like this.

pancake
 Pancakes Galore

2 cheeseburgers
Grilled Cheeseburgers

homemade pizza
 Homemade Pizza

Making Bacon Pancakes
 Bacon Pancakes for dinner



Bread
artisan bread

Loaf of fresh baked bread

I had totally eliminated bread from my diet before all of this, so again I'm not shocked I'm slowly packing on the weight.  I don't eat it every day, but will bake some occasionally, or eat some whole wheat toast with breakfast.  It doesn't matter what kind of bread you eat though.  Carbs are carbs.

It's crystal clear as to what I need to do.  I have to back off of the carbs, empty calories, and sugar.  I also need to get even more active.  If I step up my activity, I'll be less likely to sit around and mindlessly snack.  With a little sweat and some tweaks to my new eating habits, I should be able to undo the damage I've done from backsliding over the last month or so.

That's it for now folks, I'm off to eat a sensible breakfast and then go for a nice bike ride.  Hmm, Holding myself accountable.. another benefit of blogging daily!