I miss a good Mexican PandaRia err.. Panaderia!

While I love life in the Southeast.. there are a few things I definitely miss about living in the Western part of the U.S.   One of them is the abundance of the Mexican Panaderia.


Also known in 'Gringo Speak' as Panda-rias

A Mexican Panaderia is typically a small family run bakery that serves traditional Mexican pastries, cookies, bread, tortillas, and if you're lucky.. tamales and menudo!   Whenever I wanted fresh hot corn or flour tortillas, there was always a Panaderia close by in Northern Colorado.  I absolutely loved the breads or.. 'Pan' especially the Concha!  This Mexican Sweet Bread also known as Pan Dulce, is what you can see our furry friend snacking on above.

I didn't eat it very often, but whenever the craving hit, it was always easily satisfied.  Lately fresh conchas and bolillo bread, have been weighing heavy on my mind.  More so than the Concha.. I used to often buy sweet soft Empanadas filled with pumpkin or apple.  It was a sweet treat that was incredibly healthier than your run of the mill snack cake or pastry.    I'm sure there are Mexican Panaderias around central Florida.. so I may have to take a mini road trip to find one on my next day off.  I have noticed a few convenience stores selling packaged Conchas, so I may have to give one of those a try to squash my craving until I can find the real deal.