Book Review - BIGFOOT Activity Book


D.L. Miller Author
I haven't performed a book review of any kind for quite some time.  However, when Fox Chapel Publishing reached out to me and offered to send me a copy of the BIGFOOT Activity Book for review before the book's release, I jumped at the chance to do so.

For one thing, I was absolutely obsessed with BIGFOOT as a young boy.  Also, activity books were a favorite pastime of mine when I was younger.  I was very curious to see how author D.L. Miller would combine two of my biggest childhood obsessions.

Right off the bat, I was super impressed as I flipped through the pages of this book.  Inside the BIGFOOT Activity Book, children aged 5-12 will discover 136 pages of whimsical mazes and riddles, search & find puzzles, word games, coloring pages and more. Fun facts help young readers learn more about the world we live in.  And, a bonus 8-page section includes more than 80 free animal stickers (including a page of Bigfoot stickers which you can color!)

While the book has some Bigfoot puzzles, games, and activities, it's not solely Bigfoot themed.  There are super informative activities and brain teasers, and opportunities for kids to be creative and artistic.  Bigfoot isn't even seen on many of the pages, but then pops up when you least expect him to.  It's art imitating life in a way! I was also impressed at how much a child can learn from simply working their way through this book.  From Chicago to Madagascar, there are fun facts and tons of new things for kids to learn about places all over the globe.



This book is sort of a throwback in many ways.  It's everything I looked for in an activity book as a kid. I would have loved to have this book on one of my Dad's famous nonstop 24 hour road trips!  In this day and age of digital entertainment and instant gratification, any kid would be well served getting their brain to work in an entirely different way, by working through activity books such as this one.





The 'BIGFOOT Activity Book' is one of those books that provides a kid with so much fun, they don't even realize how much they are learning as they go.  I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.  Heck.. I personally had a blast working through some of the word games, art challenges and riddles.  I haven't been this impressed with an activity book in quite some time, and believe me.. I have bought a ton of them for my own kids over the years.


Book will be available for purchase on 
June 10, 2019 but you can preorder now!



Author Biography
As with Bigfoot, D.L. Miller is a bit on the reclusive side, rarely seen in public, spending most of his days sketching from his studio located amongst the mighty oak trees only found in the deep dark woodlands far off the beaten path. After spending decades learning the habits of the elusive bipedal humanoid, he has finally agreed to share his illustrative journals that capture the sightings of this larger-than-life creature that has mystified generations.