Review - "Supremus Maximus" from Screamin' Sicilian Pizza Co.


There are some great things happening in the world of frozen pizza.  Consumers are demanding higher quality and healthier options, and companies are listening.  Pizzas made with all natural ingredients and no preservatives are becoming ever more available, and I for one am loving it!

Enter Screamin' Sicilian pizza.  I've sing their praises to anyone who will listen and am going to do so again.  So without any further delay, here's my review on the wonder that is the "Supremus Maximus".


Frozen Pizza

Retro Dad rating..
5 out of 5 slices!


Screamin' Sicilian's Supremus Maximus is a Supreme pizza made with incredible whole milk mozzarella cheese from Wisconsin, heaping piles of rough-chopped pepperoni, enormous orbs of Italian sausage, strips of fire-roasted onions and red & green bell peppers, and black olives.


Before I cooked this pizza, I had to snap an up close picture of the toppings.  I knew this was going to be a special pie when I took a gander at the roasted peppers and onions you see above!


Cooked Pizza

As soon as I pulled this beauty from the oven, I sampled a few of the roasted peppers and onions.  I was shocked to find how crispy the onions were, and how incredibly sweet the peppers tasted. 


The rough-chopped pepperoni was of the utmost quality, and I can't say enough good things about the sweet Italian sausage! Not only were the pieces huge, but the sausage is steeped with seasonings and spices that make it incredibly delicious.  I'd even go as far to say that the sausage is better than many pizzeria's out there.  No surprise, as a multitude of pizzerias use mass produced sausage bought from food distributors.  The Zesty Italian tomato sauce played against the Wisconsin whole milk mozzarella perfectly, and was laid on in perfect proportion.

What really continues to impresses me about Screamin' Sicilian frozen pizza however, is how much they do not taste like frozen pizzas. This is largely in part because of the crust, which is usually a dead giveaway that a pizza is of the frozen variety.  Made from individually rolled dough balls made of wheat, water, olive oil & yeast, it represents a nice stone baked crust that reminds me of past homemade pies I've crafted over the years.

What more can I say?  The Supremus Maximus was a hit with my family, and once again had me ecstatic that I can dine on a frozen pizza that tastes nothing like a frozen pizza.  I have went ahead and bought a few more varieties of these pies, and will review each one as I cook them up, so keep an eye out for the reviews!

Visit Screamin' Sicilian Online