Corona Virus Lockdown Day 20 - Breakfast Tacos & creating YouTube content


So I didn't ride my bike yesterday.  My hip was a little mad at me for jumping from 2.5 mile rides, up to a six mile rides with no notice.  I decided to take a day off from riding to do some low impact exercise in the pool.  Here's how my day went down..

  • Made some breakfast tacos
  • Shot a couple of bike videos
  • Worked on my Pineapple Beer
  • Went swimming in the afternoon
  • Made some Oatmeal cookies after dinner


Breakfast Tacos
Chorizo & Eggs make great breakfast tacos

I cooked up some Mexican chorizo and eggs which was super easy and tasted great.  You basically cook up the chorizo by itself in a non stick pan.  Once it's cooked, you add in some eggs that have already been beaten & seasoned with onion and garlic powder.  Let them cook, turning the eggs about once every 45 seconds or so until they are fluffy and dry.  The eggs take on the wonderful flavor of the chorizo as they cook, which is why I really don't salt the beaten eggs in this dish.

When the eggs are fully cooked, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the eggs in the skillet, and once it melts a bit, turn off the heat and serve.  Serve with warm corn or flour tortillas, and add any condiments or toppings you like such as salsa, hot sauce, or fresh chopped veggies like tomatoes or onions.

So it was pretty much a leisurely day of keeping myself busy.  Like many others during this time, I haven't cooked so much in a very long time.  I do enjoy it, even though sometimes what I make doesn't turn out exactly the way I planned, but at least I learn something new every time.

I also spent awhile in the garage shooting a couple of quick YouTube videos about Beach Cruiser maintenance.  I may get busy editing those today, but we'll see.  I also have to finish up my Pineapple Beer, so I will also share how that went.

That's all for now friends. Keep your heads up, and be good to yourselves.