Lockdown Day 16 - Pancakes, Steak-Umm Quesadillas & Making a YouTube video


Another chill day yesterday. I had a few jobs I did around the house, but used a good chunk of my day to shoot, edit and upload a new YouTube Video about Beach Cruiser Bikes.  Here's how my day went..


  • Made breakfast for me and my Bride
  • Replaced our ventilation air filter
  • Installed a new pool filter
  • Shot, edited, and uploaded my new YouTube video
  • Made Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas

The video took longer to edit than I expected, because I shot the it entirely on my phone out of convenience. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but the sound could have been a wee bit better.  Maybe I need to mic it up next time.

I made pancakes for breakfast (surprise).. but was shook when I flipped the first one..

pancake



What the..?  Usually my first pancake of the batch is a throwaway, but this is absolutely the most beautiful pancake I have ever made in my life. I believe the secret is that the griddle was the absolute perfect temperature and was still coming up to heat, and cooked the flapjack slower and more evenly.  Every pancake after that was respectable, but nowhere near as pretty.

A tasty pancake w/peaches canned last fall
Delicious.. but nowhere near as pretty as the first flapjack of the batch.


Everyone loved the dinner I made, and it was another meal I had planned primarily for the sake of being thrifty and filling. Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas!

Quesadillas


I wish I would've had some mushrooms and Cheese Whiz to add to these, but they were still pretty good with just the Steak-Umms and cheese. I didn't think they were very good at the time, but I'm my own worst critic when it comes to my meals.

My daughter actually snapped me out of my negativity when she said "Dad.. I'd pay $8.00 for this Quesadilla anywhere else".  After the meal was finished I actually became pretty proud of these tasty Quesadillas, and will make them again soon (maybe with a little more flair next time).

I finally did something I have been wanting to do more of for months now, and that is.. to create more YouTube content. I'm overhauling and tweaking my blog and social media accounts, and I believe I'll start with the YouTube Channel next. There's no excuse not to with an abundance of time on my hands, so I may shoot a bunch of video over the next week or so, and then edit them at my leisure so I have fresh content to upload for quite some time. I'm gearing up (no pun intended) to make a whole series of videos on Beach Cruisers and Single Speed Bicycles, which has been a lifelong love of mine.

Here's the video I shot yesterday.  Check it out if Beach Cruisers interest you. Thanks, and please take care of yourselves friends.