Corona Virus Lockdown Day 19 - Biking and Bike Building on the brain


It seemed like bikes dominated my thoughts yesterday. I thought about them, rode them, and wrote about them for the majority of my day.  Having all of this time off from work is downright unsettling if not maddening, so having a hobby I love so much to focus on is a huge help for me.  Here's how my day went..


  • Woke up and worked on the blog for an hour
  • Made pancakes and eggs for breakfast
  • Went on a six mile bike ride mid morning
  • Spent the afternoon tinkering with bikes in my garage
  • Spent a few hours in the evening producing bike related content

Oh yeah.. now we're rollin'

So I decided to search through my old bike parts and found a front axle replacement for my old Schwinn.  While I still have a few things I want to do to it, I'm ecstatic that it's completely rideable. I actually took it for a test ride in the afternoon down to the mailbox and back, and it rode great.  I live to see neighbors I know, so I have a reason to lay on that electric horn.

That's about it.  Maybe a slow or even boring day to most, but an awfully fulfilling one to me.  I have bike content I will be posting a little later this morning, so keep an eye out for it if you also love bikes.  Oh, and I was feeling the after effects of my longest bike ride yet.  Nothing bad mind you, just a tender hip when I woke up, but am not noticing it at all now.  Maybe I'll shorten my bike ride today, and replace that exercise with swimming this afternoon.

Not sure how busy my day will be today.  It's the weekend, my bride is off of work, and there's nowhere to go.  I'd grill if I had a grill, but I guess you can say I'm between grills at the moment.  Something that's been hard for me to commit to, is sitting down and catching up on TV shows that I watch. Not sure why that is.  I think I felt the need to use all this free time I have as wisely as possible.  Now that my to-do list is shrinking, maybe it's time to do a little binge watching.  We'll see.  

Take care friends, and have a good Saturday.