Corona Virus COVID-19 Lockdown Day 11 - Energy running low


DepressedOver the last week and a half, I've tried to keep busy and have successfully done so for the most part
until now. Yesterday was totally a 'Meh" day.  Nothing I did really brought me any joy.  I felt no zest for life, and felt drained mentally.  Dang.. and at the very least we have two more weeks of sheltering in place.

I woke up to a Corona virus count of 69,000 cases and 1000+ deaths in the U.S.  Eight hours later, the evening news was reporting 80,000 cases and 2800+ deaths and.. we are now leading the world in confirmed cases.

Who on God's green earth can say "this isn't so bad" or.. "the media is just making a big deal out of this".  Oh.. there are plenty of people, especially some in Government, which ticks me of to no end.  There is actually a local sheriff who says imposing a curfew for his county is ridiculous because there is no data that proves there is a risk.  Holy Moly.

Having long periods of inactivity is my worst enemy right now.  The things I'm hearing and seeing are really what's draining me to be perfectly honest. I'd love to go on a media blackout, but I simply cannot do it.  I tune in to watch the news two to three times a day now, and the words that come out of a lot of these politicians mouths gets my blood boiling within seconds. I really need to de-stress somehow.

Here's how I spent my day..

  • Drove to the post office before it opened to drop off an envelope
  • Combed through our finances and paid bills
  • Finished repairing the grout in our pool
  • Spent the afternoon tweaking the blog and social media accounts
  • Made hamburgers for dinner


I know myself, and I can tell everything is starting to really weigh on me.  I also know however, that the more active I am, the better I usually feel.  I'm sure part of that is a diversion tactic, but things like biking, walking and swimming really do make me feel better.  So why am I slacking in doing any of these now?  I'm not exactly sure, but I am committed to fighting it.

First thing tomorrow, I'm either going for a bike ride or walk.  I think I'll have a nice breakfast, and then tackle a list of a few jobs and activities I just made a few minutes ago.  Perhaps that's what I need right now.. a daily plan. It's getting to the point now, where if I don't feel right mentally, I just sit on the couch and then do nothing to try and pull myself out of that funk.

Through life I've found you really do have control of your attitude.  Whether you take the reigns and steer yourself towards happiness or negativity is totally up to you.  I will try harder today to readjust my attitude, and will let you know how it goes.

Hang in there friends.