Corona Virus COVID-19 Lockdown Day 10 - Going shopping


Yesterday was a weird day.  Just when you think you are getting used to this new way of living, ten minutes of watching television can knock you right back down. Mandatory shelter in place orders go into effect tonight for my area.

We have already locked ourselves down for the mostpart.  For health reasons, my Bride has already been locked down for over three weeks, only going out to the backyard, or for walks with me.  I assumed that with the new shelter in place mandate, there would be a run on stores.  Therefore, I decided to go to the local supermarket and restock on a few items like meat so we are absolutely ready for the next two to three weeks.

Upon getting to the store at 8:00 a.m., tons of older folks were already leaving, as this store is allowing senior citizens to shop for one hour before the general public starts showing up.  I was expecting a huge line outside and there was none.  Honestly, I'll bet there was about 30 people in the entire store.  I was actually the only person in the checkout lanes when I was paying for my groceries.

I'm sure other stores in more densely populated areas are worse, so I'm blessed that I live a little bit out of the way, and.. only a mile from the market.  They were running very low on many items like certain meats and canned goods, and of course, they were still out of toilet paper.

I got home and the items I didn't put directly into the freezer were all wiped down with sanitizer wipes and left to air dry.  I immediately took a shower and changed clothes as an added precaution.  Watching the morning news both irritated and depressed me, so I didn't watch it again for the rest of the day.  I'll have to watch it shortly this morning.  I'd rather not, but honestly.. I'd rather be informed than in the dark (even at the risk of getting a bit depressed).

Here's how my day went..
  • Hit up the grocery store at 8:00 a.m.
  • Spent several hours working on my blog and social media account
  • Worked on my Schwinn for a few hours in the afternoon
  • Made dinner (Burritos smothered in Pork Green Chile)

My shortest list yet since I started logging my daily activity nine days ago.  I can feel my energy level depleting, and must fight the urge to succumb to this.  It's mostly due to mental anxiety, but also because I went so hard on knocking out projects in the beginning.  I have more items on the way from Amazon and Home Depot, so various home projects are in the works.

On a lighter note, 'Olga'.. my 1963 Schwinn is all put back together! Check her out..

1963 Schwinn

It's almost done and only needs a few finishing touches.  I took it for a quick ride, but realized the axle on the front wheel is bent, and it very quickly started trying to grind the bearings into dust.  I'm currently looking for another rim online to swap it out with.  I'd like to find another axle for this rim sometime as it's the original rim that came with the bike, but for now I want to quickly obtain a new one so I can start taking it on rides.

That's it for now friends.  A mandated shelter in place order feels different than a self imposed one for sure.  I already know myself, and need to find ways to keep myself motivated.  Will check in tomorrow.  Until then.. take care and try to keep your spirits up friends!