A Retro Dad's T-shirt collection

by Darrin Vindiola


While nothing would make me happier than wearing a suit for upwards of 16 hours a day, I must admit that I've been a T-Shirt freak since I was a kid. It was probably a couple of years ago when I suddenly realized that the massive stacks of T-shirt's I owned, could rightly be called a "collection".

While recently organizing and thinning out my collection, I decided to snap a few pics of my tees for your viewing pleasure. If your internet connection is lousy God help you.. because there's close to fifty t-shirt images posted below.


TIKI..

Tiki Tee from "Crazy Shirts"
This shirt was actually dyed with rum!

 Tiki Tee from Tommy Bahama


DISNEY..
Disney Tiki Tee
This shirt is about 16 years old.  While it's seen better days, I can't bring myself to throw it out (at least until I somehow find a suitable replacement).


 60's inspired Mickey Tee
Far out man!


Perry The Platypus from the Disney cartoon..
Phineas and Pherb

The perfect shirt to wear to the Disney Parks 
(and I'm not the only Dad to do so)




Shirts for the Geek-Dad..
Hulk/Kool Aid Man tee from "Tee Fury"

Ronald on the down low! Tee from "Glennz Tees"

Rat Fink/Back to the Future Tee from "Tee Fury"

Family Guy 'Drunken Clam' Tee from "Tee Fury"

80's Toyline M.U.S.C.L.E.

Kinnikuman Anime Tee


Miscellaneous Tees..
Hey.. We DO!









Jimmy Buffett Tees..


Beer Tees..
The majority of the shirts pictured below are from Old Chicago restaurant.  The shirts were obtained by finishing Mini Beer tours.  Basically, you drink 8 different beers paired with the current Mini Tour theme, and you in turn score a cool limited edition tee.




 Headless Horseman w/beer in hand Glow in the dark tee

Leprechaun with his little mug of gold








So there you have it.. nearly 50 of my favorite t-shirts from my collection. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hoarder or anything. I go through my shirts on a regular basis and discard or re-purpose any shirt that starts looking shabby. Maybe I'll post some more pictures sometime, because the shirts pictured above are just a portion of my collection.