Wanted one as a kid.. still want one today. (The DeLorean DMC-12)

Check out what I saw recently while driving on Colorado Interstate 25..



For me personally.. there's no other vehicle that drums up such intense feelings of nostalgia like a DeLorean DMC-12.  While I've seen plenty of these on display at car shows and museums, I can't remember the last time I actually saw a DMC-12 in the wild.

Many would argue, but the DeLorean DMC-12 has got to be one of, if not the most iconic movie vehicle of all time. It ranks right up there with such greats like the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am SE from Smokey and the Bandit, The 1959 Cadillac "Ecto 1" from Ghost Busters, the yellow 1932 Ford Coupe from American Graffiti, the 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390 from Bullitt, and probably even Herbie the Love Bug. 

I swear, every kid I knew back in the 80s coveted these cars.  To see a DMC-12 today being used like a daily driven vehicle was awesome.  I mean.. how cool would it be to pull up to your office, pop the gull wing door, and step back into the future!?!

If I owned this vehicle, I'd rig a fog system up to the door jambs, so I could exit the DeLorean through a thick billowy wall of smoke.  Now that my friends, is called making an entrance.