The Dukes of Hazzard.. Ghost of The General Lee

One of my 2014 additions to the old toy collection..





This is the Ghost of General Lee model kit made by Model Products Corporation ( MPC ) back in 2010.   I was, and still am a huge fan of the Dukes of Hazzard TV series.  On the 26th of October, 1979, one of my favorite episodes “The Ghost of General Lee” aired on television.  You can see Rosco P. Coltrane on the packaging, scared out of his wits by a glowing General Lee that's apparently back from the dead.

In this episode, the General Lee is stolen by two pool hustlers who drive it into the pond while being chased by Rosco.  For all intents and purposes, everyone believes that Bo, Luke, and the General have drowned.  When Boss Hogg comes up with a scheme by claiming the Duke Boys stole from him before their demise, they figure the only way to prove their innocence is to haunt Boss and Rosco by making the General Lee look like a ghost.

MPC created this kit of the infamous ghostly General Lee that even features glow in the dark plastic parts!  I would love to put it together just to see what it looks like in the dark, but this box displays so nicely, I don't think I'm even going to open it.  I may have to buy another one at some point to assemble, and if I do.. I'll make sure to post some pictures of the completed model here on the blog.