The most manliest, retro item I've bought in 2021 is from Old Spice

For the most part, I'm pretty loyal to the brands of products I use. However, I also believe variety is the spice of life, so I also enjoy trying new products out from time to time. Lately I've been on the hunt for some new fragrances and the like, so I decided to see if there were any good options at the Old Spice website. This is what I found..







So as you can see, it's a barrel, but not just any barrel mind you. It's a manly, rustic, nautically themed barrel! What's more, concealed inside, is a stick of antiperspirant deodorant and deodorant body spray.

I have always been a huge fan of Old Spice products, but I'm also a fan of their great marketing as well. I really loved the classy stoic commercials I saw as a kid in the 70s and 80s. They usually featured rugged looking sea faring men that looked super interesting. They of course had the women in said commercials intrigued, and hanging on their every word.

When I was a kid I'd tell myself "I'm going to use Old Spice when I get old". I remember when I was about ten years old, often grabbing my Dad's ceramic Old Spice bottle and sneaking a splash or two of his aftershave. There have even been periods of time in adulthood when I've used the classic Old Spice cologne and aftershave scents. 

While I haven't bought them in quite some time, I do have a bottle of the classic aftershave that I use once in a blue moon. I use it when I give myself a nice clean shave using my vintage Gillette safety razor. Quite simply, its a superior aftershave that works perfectly. It soothes razor burn, prevents breakouts, and I haven't found too many other brands that work as well.




The scent that comes with this set is called 'Sea Spray'. The body spray supposedly has notes of blue kelp, and the deodorant stick is made with blue kelp and citrus.

I'm not exactly sure what blue kelp is supposed to smell like, but I can attest that these products smell incredible. The scent is crisp, fresh, and apparently the most premium cologne-scented deodorant Old Spice has released in the 80+ year history of the company.

I originally wanted to buy this around last Christmas, but it was sold out. The original price was $20.00, but I found this gem on the website this week for under $15.00 shipped. If you too want your own manly nautical themed barrel filled with classy scents, you'd better hurry as these probably won't last long. 

Visit Old Spice Online