Polaroid Instant Camera shots from the Disney parks in Florida

About a year before the pandemic, I bought a new (old) Polaroid Camera that was unused and in the original box. It not only worked well, but has indeed distracted me from my phone when I go on Disney Park excursions.  It's quite amazing how something as simple as an analog camera has helped to keep me anchored in the here and now whilst taking pictures.  here's a few shots I took with it..



I love this shot I took at EPCOT. I waited for the Monorail to drive by and snapped it. As I was exiting the park, I pulled it from my bag to see how it developed and checked it against the backdrop. As I held it up and it obscured part of the background, I was inspired to take the shot you see above. I totally thought about taking this same shot with my Polaroid rather than my phone, but there's no way I could shoot it properly holding the picture this close to the camera lens.



A shot I took at Disney World similar to the first one I shared.  I waited for about fifteen minutes for the 'Liberty Belle' Riverboat at Liberty Square to come around the bend so I could snap this one.



I bumped into 'Liver Lips McGrowl' after the Liberty Bell passed by. My Son shot this pic of us as we watched the mighty Riverboat pass by.




A shot of me and Casey at 'Casey's Corner' on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom. Succinctly, these last two pictures very well may have given the analog Polaroid bug to my son. He told me he loved using it, and had always dreamed of what it would be like to take pictures with one. I'm now in the process of procuring a Polaroid for him as well. 

The prettiest girl in school..  The Epcot Ball

A Polaroid snap at Epcot and its park icon.. Spaceship Earth. I believe a combination of light and some debris on unclean film rollers caused the white spots you see above. I've since cleaned the rollers, have not used the flash in bright light, and the anomaly hasn't repeated. It does however make for some incredibly retro looking shots, and gave this particular picture a great vintage feel. It's definitely an effect I wish I could control, because while it does looks cool.. it's not something you'd necessarily like to see on every shot.

I forgot what it was like to shoot on these cameras. It really requires a lot of attention to get a good shot and the whole experience was really fun. I can't wait to get out there to use it more, especially during future vacations and road trips.