Taking a mental health day - Lockdown Day 51


I'm calling it. I'm shutting down. Well.. at least for today. It's not often that my Bride and I are feeling
really down at the same time, but when we are both in a bad state of mind, it seems to feel ten times worse. Spending four hours trying to navigate the ridiculous Florida unemployment website yesterday already had me livid. The constant barrage of news about this whole Covid mess and the state of affairs in our Country, was the last straw. I really try to keep it light on this blog, without dwelling on the news, politics, etc, but the news stories lately are just downright depressing.

I'm not necessarily speaking of the pandemic itself, but rather.. my fellow man. Whatever side you stand on in regards to Covid, social distancing, lockdowns, etc., over this last week I am downright embarrassed of how the masses are acting on all sides. The worst of our worst have been disgusting me with their behavior as of late, and while I know the media focuses on that heavily, you can't deny their are a multitude of stupid, evil and selfish people we are surrounded by in society.

Are these types of people the minority? I believe so, and I know there is a TON of uncertainty on how our lives will forever change because of 2020, but right now I just need to take a step back and quit thinking about it. For us, that meant no watching the TV news today. Something as simple as that will help me personally to readjust my thinking. I'll fill my time with replacing my bathroom sink and faucet today, an abundant amount of reading, and writing about things I love. 

Wow, I already feel better just thinking about the day and evening ahead. Take care friends. I'll be back tomorrow with what I'm sure will be a much better attitude and outlook. If you are feeling a bit down, make sure you do something nice for yourself, and try to focus on better days. That's always worked for me up to this point.