Lockdown Week #3 - Bottling Pineapple Beer


Wow.. it's been three weeks since we began self isolating.  Where the heck does the time go?  I have some friends that feel the exact opposite, but then again, I've been going out of my way to keep myself occupied with lots of activity to keep me from going nuts.  It was a rainy day yesterday, and here's how I spent it..


  • Took a 2.5 mile mile mid morning bike ride
  • Finished up my Pineapple Beer
  • Spent the whole day writing and working on my blog and social media accounts



I was so happy I took my ride before it started raining, because it ended up drizzling all day long. I love to write and create, so it was a pretty relaxing day for me.  I was also psyched that my Pineapple Beer was ready to bottle.


There's my freshly bottled Pineapple Beer.  It yielded exactly 2 gallons, and I estimate the alcohol content to be around 2.0 to 3.0%.  It truly was a blast to make, and I love the fact that it is ready to drink in 3 days.  After the batch had chilled, I sampled it and have to say it tasted incredible.  Not as tangy as pineapple juice, but rather like a pineapple spritzer and was mild, sweet and light.  It should continue to clarify a bit and build some carbonation over the next few days.

Some folks only use the pineapple skin to make this drink.  I opted to use the fruit as well, and even pureed some of it, so as to yield more of the dink in the end.  I've decided to write an in depth article on the whole process along with a recipe, so keep an eye out for it in the next couple of days.

Take care friends.  If you're isolated at home, I hope you are finding ways to keep your minds active and souls nourished.  Until tomorrow..