Lockdown day 37 - Cars and computers


Had a busy day yesterday, and by bedtime I was good and ready to go to sleep.  Here's how it went down..


  • Mowed, edged and trimmed yard
  • Cleaned and pressure washed my truck
  • Cut down and removed dying bush in the back yard
  • Repaired shower door
  • Set up my new laptop
  • Swam in the afternoon
  • Went on an evening bike ride
  • Fit in a quick dumbbell workout

My truck is something I have been putting on the back burner as far as projects go.  It really needs nothing mechanically, just some cosmetic work.  It has a camper shell, and the plan was to outfit the back of the truck for travel, to take day and weekend trips with.  I cleaned out the back of the truck bed and camper shell by hand washing and pressure washing everything.  I also cleaned out the cab really well, and just need to detail it up soon.

My vision for that camper is a space that has lots of storage, a fold out bed, and air conditioning.  Parking at KOA, RV Parks, or campgrounds with power, bathrooms, and showers.. will eliminate a HUGE expense with the type of traveling we like to do.  I may make a video or a few blog posts showing how I set it all up.  Plus, in the midst of all this Covid-19 mess, having your own personal space to sleep that you aren't sharing with thousands of other people sounds pretty appealing.


So my faithful writing and editing companion of 5 years (my Toshiba Laptop) was quickly going downhill.  A section of the hard drive was damaged and I could only do so much to keep it running properly.  I found an incredible deal for a new one at Best Buy, so I ordered it and had it shipped to me this week.  

It always amazes me how much easier and seamless the setup gets every time I buy a new phone or computer.  What used to take hours, now takes 30 minutes.  Now it's just a matter of getting the system tweaked and customized exactly the way I like.

Not sure where today will take me.  I'm pretty sore from all of the physical activity yesterday.  Once I get up and around however, that should quickly fade.  Take care friends, and see ya soon.