Corona Virus COVID-19 Lockdown Day 13 - Busy work and bike building



Had a good and active day yesterday. Here's what I accomplished..


  • Went for a walk with my Bride before 8:00am
  • Made Banana Pancakes for breakfast
  • Treated the sidewalk for weeds
  • Treated problem areas in the yard for weeds
  • treated the yard for fire ants
  • fertilized the yard
  • Installed a wireless touchpad for the garage
  • Tuned and got my Son's bike roadworthy
  • Took an hour swim
  • Went for a two and a half mile bike ride after dinner


All in all, a very busy day that was book ended with some great exercise.  I also managed to get a fourth bike tuned and roadworthy this week!  It's my Son's bike that has sat for three years, and it just needed to be cleaned and tuned, as well as some bearings repacked with grease.

Schwinn Cranbrook

Bike BuildingI really have found peace and comfort tinkering with my bikes over the last couple of weeks, and now I get to reap the rewards by riding them.  I'm not hitting up the bike trails like I originally planned on doing.  I simply ride around the perimeter of the neighborhood, winding through the side streets.

I actually rode 2.5 miles after dinner yesterday in about 15 minutes.  I worked up a little sweat as there are a couple long inclines in the neighborhood I'm still getting used to.   A far cry from the 15 and 20 mile rides I used to take on my one speed Beach Cruisers in Colorado, but it's a lot different in Florida in regards to bike riding. There were thousands of miles of paved bike trails in Colorado, and I would spend what felt like endless hours on them whenever the weather permitted.

Here in Florida you can ride 11 months out of the year pretty much, there just isn't many places to go on those type of rides. I sure as heck won't venture onto the streets, because I don't fancy taking my life into my own hands, or rather.. putting it in the hands of distracted drivers who simply aren't used to sharing the road (or caring to share the road) with cyclists.

When this is all over I may try to join some type of classic bike or beach cruiser enthusiast club in the Orlando area. Not sure if any exist, so maybe I can start one if that's the case.  I don't know how I'm going to spend my Sunday yet, so I'll update you tomorrow.

Cheers friends!