Lockdown Day 23 - Purging, organizing and decluttering


A chill but productive day yesterday.  Here's what I did..

  • Organized the attic
  • Went on a short bike ride
  • Went on a walk
  • Organized my garage a bit more
  • Started the decluttering process in my room

I'm a collector.. I collect things.. it's what I do.  It's kind of becoming a burden though if I'm being
completely honest with myself.  It has slowly encroached upon my everyday life. I open a drawer and I can't find what I'm looking for.  I open a cabinet and things fall out.  My closet is overflowing with things and possessions that I can't enjoy. 

And so began the start of purging and decluttering.  My dresser is 80% done and I have at least 30 auctions I can list on ebay already.  I kind of want to look through my dresser a second time.  I KNOW there are items I didn't clean out that I really don't need.  Seeing the progress I've already made has motivated me to be even more diligent in this endeavor.

Maybe it's all of the organization projects I've already been involved in over the last few weeks, that has jump started this next phase of to-do's for me.  I've decided I really need to focus on the hobbies I truly love, and focus on those rather than 100 different things I'm just a fan of.  We'll see just how far I can go with this. One thing's for sure, I should be able to dig some stuff up that will be interesting to share.

Take care friends!  Until tomorrow..