What ever happened to just a Good Ol' fashioned OREO?


Okay kids, here I go again.  Back in my day, we had two types of OREO cookies.  The regular OREO, and the Double Stuff OREO.  I went into the store the other day and had trouble finding a plain honest to goodness package of OREO's, but not for the reasons you might think.  This is why..


I've really got to be in the mood for cookies like this.


 These have never excited me in any way, shape, or form.


I'm Double-y not excited


Still nothing..


Not a big chocolate guy so these do nothing for me.
My bride would beg to differ.


These could be really good.. 
or really bad


These piqued my interest.
Just not enough to buy em'


Getting closer..


Let's flip a coin.. or cookie.


These look fun, and probably have a nice taste to the filling.


I'd rather have ice cream..


Ditto.


 This was unique enough to warrant a taste.
Surprisingly, they were pretty good!

You can read my review here



The only type of mint cookies I ever eat are sold by girl scouts. I just can't see these stacking up against Thin Mints.



These were too sweet for my blood. I'm not sure if they make these any longer, but the bride really used to dig them though.


Golden OREO and Golden Birthday Cake Fudge Cremes


Double Stuff and Coconut Delight Fudge Cremes


DOUBLE Chocolate fudge OREO Fudge Cremes


Now these are cool!  Perfect for Super Bowl parties.
They should make these for every sport.


Trust me when I say that there were more pictures I could have snapped besides these.  I was simply going into OREO overload, and gave up.  I had no clue there were so many OREO varieties on the market at once.  I mean.. this one brand of cookie could rightly fill its very own aisle in the supermarket.  Heck.. I've already seen seasonal and holiday varieties of OREO's popping up on shelves.

I don't mind limited edition runs of food products, but this really seems like overkill to me.   I'm sure there are folks out there that try every single new OREO cookie that's released to market.  I'm not one of those people (anymore).  I used to try anything that was new just for the sake of trying it.  Now I'm more selective and buy based on my personal tastes, with the occasional impulse buy due to sheer curiosity.

What about you?  Have you tried any or all of these cookies pictured above?  If so.. I'd love to hear about your OREO adventures.