Hee Haw Valley in Vista California


While converting some of my folks old slides to digital format recently, I stumbled upon these gems.  My brother and I were huge western enthusiasts as kids, so my old man got a kick out of taking us to anything western themed in California.  These were taken, at Hee Haw Valley in Vista California when I was about three years old.





My brother and I excited for our train ride (I'm the one in the cowboy hat)  Dig the cat with the way cool beard!  Are the Amish allowed to drive trains?



Look close and you'll see the cowboy engineer with his hand over his forehead, possibly nursing his headache from the screaming three year old sitting right behind him. Yes.. the darkness and noise was a little bit too much for me to handle at the age of three. Below you can see my loving brother comforting me as we exit the tunnel.



Hee Haw Valley was great.  It was a nice little attraction that featured all kinds of animals you could pet and feed, and they even had a talking crow!  If you want to learn more about this long lost place of fun, or simply reminisce, make sure to visit the Hee Haw Valley web-site.   There you will find wonderful history, memories, and background info that you can't find anywhere else on the internet!