The Carl's Jr. Hostess Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich

I haven't been turning out food reviews regularly as of late, but by God.. Carl's Jr. has got me doing back-to-back reviews this week!

A new summer delicacy has arrived at Carl's Jr., and it's the Hostess Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich. It's pretty much what you'd expect it to be, a Ding Dong snack cake split in two, and sandwiched around hand-scooped, premium vanilla ice cream.


These sandwiches are made in house everyday, using real vanilla ice cream scooped out of tubs by hand. They are then stored in a freezer until they are served, so my only suggestion if you decide to try one of these, is to restrain from eating dessert first! Take your time and enjoy your meal, and after about ten minutes.. the sandwich will thaw out a bit and will be the perfect consistency.

Talk about an All-American snack to eat after enjoying a meal like Carl's Most American Thickburger!! Not only is this comfort food at its finest, but nostalgic and delicious as well. It makes me wonder if Carl's Jr. will be able to top themselves next summer after the Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich? However, I thought the same thing after they came out with previous creations like OREO and Pop Tart ice cream sandwiches.  Carl's Jr. continues to be a fast food innovator, and has yet to dissapoint this lifelong customer.


I can't say enough good things about this delectable treat. The hot summer months are going to be much more bearable for my family and I thanks to Carl's latest creation. I highly recommend running out and trying one today The Hostess Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich is available for $1.49.

Visit Carl's Jr. at www.carlsjr.com for news and info