Adventures in Retro Treasure Hunting

This is a post I'm moving over from my old site.  It pertains to one of my favorite hobbies.. retro treasure hunting!  The pictures below are from an excursion earlier this year.  A lot of the items I came across had me reminiscing and feeling nostalgic to no end.  Hopefully some of them will have the same effect on you.




A great roadside attraction pennant featuring Robbie the Chimp.. obviously a staple at Ghost Town in Idaho.  Not sure if "Ghost Town" still exists, but it reminds me of countless tourist traps that I begged my parents to stop at during family road trips we took when I was a wee lad.





Kit Cat clocks!  I wanted one of these so bad as a kid.



Casper Board Game from 1959



It had been years since I'd seen one of these



Meat Grinders Galore



Hot water bottle just like Grandma used to have.



I used to see a lot of Nick Knacks like this growing up.



 The Magical Burger King - circa 1970s



The stuff nightmares are made of



 1950's Goodyear Highway Patrol Bike




Awesome Kitschy Florida Souvenir


Awesome Hawaiian Shirt


Loved it even more..
 when I found hidden Disney characters in the print!


Great Zenith AM radio


More wicked cool radios


 Ceramic Whiskey jug

Polynesian Wahine and Menehune sculptures


2 liter German Beer Stein.  I so wanted to buy this, but didn't have nearly enough clams on this particular day to do so.


This Stein was a steal at $4.00 
and ended up making its way home with me


1960s Bonanza Ponderosa Ranch tin cup


A couple of really old bikes.  I'm such a bike geek, that I didn't notice the creepy statues in the background until I looked at the picture more closely before uploading it.  I have the Doctor Who TV Series to thank for giving me the heebie jeebies when I see "statues" like this now.


A 1960s metal sign.  This is a legitimate sign and not a reproduction or novelty piece.  Kind of funny and morbid at the same time huh?


That's it for now.  Rest assured I will be posting more pictures from my next retro treasure hunt right here.  (hopefully sooner than later).