Lockdown Day 27 - Reading Books & Getting back to the classics


I used to always say " I wish I had more time to read".  I've always believed reading is a great way to take a break from reality and to nourish your soul, which is why I've longed to read more for decades now.  Well.. now I've got plenty of time, and have decided to start buying out time everyday to do so.

The Hobbit is the first book I'm tackling

A Bookstore like 'Books A Million' loves me, and I love them.  I can spend an entire day inside of a bookstore.  If there's a coffee shop in there.. I could practically live there!  I'm the kind of reader that can read 4 to 6 different books at once, that I bounce back and forth between.  When I say that, I don't read a bunch of novels mind you. The variety would most likely consist of a beefy novel, some kind of instruction manual, a fun anecdotal or comedic book, a book of short stories, some kind of adventure or conspiracy story, and maybe an autobiography or graphic novel.

I have an eclectic taste for sure when it comes to books.  Here are a few on my to-read list..


Actors with a lifelong acting careers have always interested me.  Gavin MacLeod is one such actor with all kinds of inside stories about Hollywood greats.



 A subject that has always fascinated me. Can't wait to start this one.



John Wayne was one of my Brother and I's boyhood heroes. This is another book I can't wait to read, and would love to have this on my bookshelf.  The book was written under the supervision of John Wayne's youngest son and includes insightful quotes, stories, photos and memorabilia from the Wayne Family Archives.  There's also a lot of philosophy and advice on how to be a better person.. all from the man who was a symbol for everything that was good about America.

So that's the short list.  My reading habits may seem ADHD based, but I assure you they are not. I simply love variety and learning new things.  I've kind of lost that over the years, and it's a shame it took this pandemic to steer me back to doing something that I love so much. I predict there are more attitude adjustments and good habits I will get back into because of all this, and hope I come out on the other side, a slightly better person than I was going in.