A few food finds from the Florida Strawberry Festival

I go to fairs for one simple reason.. the food!  The Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City was no exception to this rule!  Check out some of the food highlights from our visit this week..

The Do-it-Yourself Strawberry Shortcake Bar


$4.00 gets you fresh strawberries, and thick freshly made whipped cream that you can pile atop a piece of Sponge Cake (or Biscuit if you're really from the South!)



I swear my Strawberry Shortcake weighed about a pound after I piled on the toppings! 



Strawberry Napoleon from Alessi Bakery



 Vegetable Fried Rice with two huge Crab Rangoon Wontons



Footlong Hand Dipped Corn Dogs!


Florida Strawberry Festival

I was bummed after I finished  my freshly fried footlong corn dog only to find out there were 18- inch Corn Dogs around the corner!


Fair food
Fresh cinnamon roll topped with bacon & cream cheese frosting

This cinnamon roll was life changing!  Can't believe I've been alive as long as I have without thinking of doing this! I was walking by a food trailer in the afternoon and saw/smelled these. I had already eaten my fill of fair food, so I took this to go and enjoyed it for dessert later that night. Ecstacy in every bite! I only wish I would've bought two or three of them to bring home.

I wish I could visit the Florida Strawberry Festival again before it ends tomorrow on March 8th.  If you have a chance, swing by.  I had a great time and I haven't even mentioned the carnival rides, the exhibitions, activities, etc.  The few pictures posted here don't even come close to scratching the surface on what you'll find there food wise.  

One last thing if you want to go.. Admission is $10.00, and parking is $5.00 to $10.00 depending on how close to the event you park.  To me and my family, it was TOTALLY worth it.