Don't let someone else's storm become your climate

There are so many negative, toxic, dysfunctional people in my orbit. 

Without getting into too many details, I see them daily. I've recently had a few epiphanies and I can no longer let myself absorb their energy.

I'm in the very beginning stages of creating a method of partitioning my happiness. I know that sounds kind of abstract, but let me explain. 

For instance, I will wake up, feel perfectly fine, ready to take on the day and anything it throws at me. Then as the day moves on.. and I deal with these people one by one, spewing their negativity, pessimism, and many times hate, I put away or put aside my happiness and positivity temporarily. The simple reason.. to protect it.

Going back to the title of this post:

'Don't let someone else's storm become your climate'.

Quite simply.. I'm done with being the victim of everyone else's forecast.

I can sense the storms coming, and when they arrive, I step under a shelter (that partition I created), and think.. "This rain is theirs. I'll wait it out. My sun is still up there."

That's self-preservation for your soul.

And here's the thing.. the more I do this, the less drained I feel, because I stop absorbing. I've started observing instead of merging.

Not sure if this makes complete sense as I'm just cathartically putting my newfound philosophy out there.

You see, I had a lifetime of carrying everyone else's guilt, fears, anxieties, sadness, anger, and in recent months, terrible toxicity. I've been holding this along with my own emotional baggage. 

No more.

I realized the hard truth that I already knew deep down. I'm the carrier in this dynamic. I'm the emotional container for many people in my life, for work, for life's weight, and I've already built that muscle because no one else showed up to carry mine. 

My friends, if this happens to you.. YOU come into play the moment you pack your positive energy away for later, instead of letting it get destroyed. That protects you.

Packing your energy away for later works, because it’s a conscious act of preservation.. not suppression.

You are safeguarding your fuel so it doesn’t get burned up in someone else’s fire.. leaving you free to retrieve it intact, after the storm has passed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!