Stumped while Retro treasure hunting


It's not too often that I get stumped identifying items while perusing the aisles of flea markets, thrift stores, or antique malls.  However, late last year I came across an item that had me a bit perplexed.  Check it out..





It's a sculpture of some cat with a fu manchu sitting in a red chair, atop a cracked piece of ground with patches of grass.  Furthermore, he has a ciggy in his mouth, a sack full of who knows what in his left hand, and something resembling a spike free chain mace in his right hand. It wasn't very old, was cast out of resin, and had no trademarks on it whatsoever.



What may even be more perplexing, is that there were three of these puppies on the shelf.  Who is this cat?  What's in the bag?  What's that in his other hand?  Is he some sort of Spanish Godfather? Officiant? Gaucho? Banker?

I'm sure there's a simple answer, but for the life of me I can't find one.  Any ideas?