HOME          ABOUT         LINKS          CONTACT      

Dec 14, 2014

Vintage canisters and containers

Check out the retro goodness that lurks within my old man's garage.  Mind you.. these have been in my Dad's possession since I was a wee lad!



Calumet Baking Powder Can


 Vintage Bearing Grease
These cans were already old when I used them to grease my bicycle bearings in the 70s!



Red Devil enamel circa 1960s


Durham's Water Putty

I can't believe the Old Man still has these, and a few of them even still house their original product!  I remember admiring these (old cans) when I was a kid.  I used to dig the colorful artwork and font types, and still do to this day.

My Dad always had a tough time throwing out containers that could be re-purposed. He's definitely a throwback to a simpler time when folks tried harder to be thrifty and less wasteful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?