Corona Virus COVID-19 Lockdown Day 15 - Pizza Night


Another easy day, but not entirely by choice.  I'm in a lull right now with house projects. I've got items on their way to me in the mail, so I'm kind of in limbo as far as repairs and house maintenance go right now. I'm also waiting on a new pool filter as the current filter is starting to breakdown.  Therefore, I'm abstaining from swimming for a couple of days.

Here's what I did yesterday:


  • Made Breakfast Burritos (Egg, Chorizo, Potatoes, Cheese & Green Chile)
  • Completed our household Government Census
  • Combed our finances
  • Got lots of writing done for the blog
  • Made pizzas from scratch
  • Went for a walk after dinner


The down time yesterday did give me time to take a look at some finances, finally finish our household Government census, and I wrote the first half of my article on my 1963 Schwinn Rebuild.  I believe I will finish part two of that article today, and kind of want to start work on a couple of YouTube videos about bikes, but we'll see.

Pepperoni Pizza
 Homemade thin crust Pepperoni Pizza
(lighter on the cheese than I like, but hey.. we're rationing)

Making pizza is always a very zen thing for me.  So are my other hobbies like writing, homebrewing and bike building.  I actually took pause this morning to be grateful through all of this.  I mean, it really is a crappy situation we are in right now. How blessed am I to have hobbies and activities that bring me peace like this right now?

Don't get me wrong.  The stresses are real, and we wonder just how bad this is going to get.. and if we are going to be able to make it financially if this stretches out any further.  However, I'm learning that you NEED to focus on the positive, and there IS a lot of positive things to be appreciative of.  I've got my health, my family, and my mind.  And honestly, if I can keep reminding myself of this.. it makes me feel like anything is possible.

Take care friends.  Try to keep your chin up and do something nice for yourself today.