HOME          ABOUT         LINKS          CONTACT      

Mar 30, 2015

My igloo coolers.. 20+ years old and still going strong



Meet "Iggy".  He's our 20-something year old igloo cooler that works every bit as good as the first time we used it.  Some of you folks out there may remember a time when banks competed for your business on a more personal level.  They would run promotions and offer you a choice of various gifts to choose from, if you'd open an account with them.  This is how "Iggy" came into our lives back in 1992.  I'm so glad we passed on the plastic flashlight set that we almost chose over this cooler!

We've used this cooler for countless road trips, camping trips, back yard parties, visits to the beach, Drive-In, park, lake, etc.  It's taken all sorts of tumbles, falls, bangs, and bounces, yet keeps coming back for more, its one and only desire.. to keep our food and drinks cool.



Other igloo coolers we own
(dig those awesome 90's color schemes!)

I would love to know if igloo still makes a well working and rugged cooler today, but I honestly can't tell you.  You see.. every igloo cooler my bride and I have ever bought, was towards the beginning of our marriage when we were first forming our family.  Now some 25 years later.. they are all still in excellent working condition with no signs of breaking anytime soon.

My igloo coolers are definitely a throwback to when things were made to last.  Igloo was one of those brands I chose to spend my money on, because my old man always admired their performance and durability.  I wouldn't be surprised if my kiddo's end up being igloo fans for life as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?