HOME          ABOUT         LINKS          CONTACT      

Sep 12, 2014

Beer Nuts.. a retro snacking delight

While Beer Nuts are still around, I sure as heck can't find them in the stores as easily as I used to.  Over the last couple of years I was shocked to find that a lot of younger folks I've talked to, have no clue what Beer Nuts are.

For my old man, Beer Nuts were the quintessential snack to eat with beer.  He used to stock pile cans of these things in the cupboard for football games and boxing matches.  I remember Dad happily sharing his cans of Beer Nuts with me when I was a wee lad.  I used to think I was getting away with something, because I simply equated that the peanuts had beer in them because of the product name.

When I turned 21 years old, the first thing I did was buy a six pack of Miller Genuine Draft, and a can of Beer Nuts.  I remember sitting at home that night watching an episode of Married with Children. As I sipped on lager and snacked on Beer Nuts, all was right with the world, and I felt like a king.

For whatever reason, Beer Nuts have been on my mind a lot lately.  Therefore, I think it's about time to make a run to my local super market that carries them, so I can stock my cupboards for football season. 

visit Beer Nuts online

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?